RESEARCH TRANSFER WORKSHOP
“RESEARCH ON CSR AND CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY – DOES IT GENERATE USEFUL INPUTS FOR COMPANIES?”
The International Research Network on Social and Environmental Aspects in Business and Management (SEABUS) in collaboration with the European Academy for Business in Society (EABIS) invited practitioners and academics to jointly discuss the latest developments in CSR and corporate sustainability research.
This one-day event included the following academic presentations:
* ”Sustainable Investment appraisal with the Sustainable Value approach” by Frank Figge from Queen’s University Belfast
* ”Barriers to innovative CSR” by Lutz Preuss from Royal Holloway, University of London
* ”The link between corporate environmental and financial performance” by Pontus Cerin from Umeå School of Business.
Complementary practitioner presentations and a key note speech on the workshop topic are held by:
* Virginie Delwart (Project Manager at CSR Europe, Manager for Corporate Social Responsibility at Johnson & Johnson),
* John Swannick (CSR Director at Lloyds TSB)
The event closed with a lively roundtable discussion on whether CSR and sustainability research gives useful inputs for companies - or how it might be optimised for business use. The event was held on October 20th 2009 in Brussels.